Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mount Tremblant Return Desk

Happy Anniversary, Slayers!

Finally! Almost a month to LiveJournal and I had not spent any input to my favorite series of all time, the number 1 on my list ... Slayers! Not for nothing that I have a web dedicated to this series that takes about 7 years on the network. Moreover, thanks to this series I have met some great people which I can now call my friends (in capitals), and have moments of great emotion diversiĆ³ny.


Why do today's entry? Well, very simple ...

What better time to do that today, day 25 January 2010, the day he met 20th anniversary of the publication of the first novel of Slayers, the that was the origin of all, the story that began 20 years anime, radio dramas, movies, OVAs, novels, manga, video games, card games, etc etc


(Novel 1: Original Porta, reissue 2008; version groin s by Tokyopop)

This novel contains the first meeting between Lina and Gourry, the birth of his friendship with Zel and his battle and pray (and Shabranigudu, of course), later adapted in the first half of the first season of the anime, and 3 volumes of the manga series Chou-Baku Madou-den Slayers (Published in Spain by IVREA as "Slayers: Demon Legend)

many years ago and found an English translation done by fans on the web Slayers Universe. Amazed by the story, and pissed off by how uncomfortable it is to read books on the computer XD I decided to print it (with pictures) and bind it to read it comfortably in the chair. Thus was born my passion for the Slayers novels that, after all are the original story which was born after all other adjustments. The publisher

American Tokyopop decided to take the Slayers novels I bought them without hesitation, and if you dare English publisher, I also bought it. may be that for many version of the novels is not the best , and prefer the manga or anime, but I think the Slayers novels are something that, if you can, well worth reading.

Finally, I can only thank and Kanzaka for writing this novel 20 years ago that started something very special that I hope never ends.

Happy Anniversary, Slayers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment